Who we are
Company name: Little Bear Crochets
Address: Anna Paulownalaan 82, 3708HL Zeist, Netherlands (not a visiting address)
Website Address: https://www.littlebearcrochets.com.
VAT ID: NL382737428B01
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and the browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes.
- Billing address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can fulfill our legal requirements to deliver proof of customer location when calculating the required VAT you might have to pay on our digital products.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll only use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you fill out a contact form on our site, we will only store the data you give us (name, email and the content of your request) for a certain period of time for customer service purposes. It will not be used for other purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year, or you can delete them manually any time from your browser.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We share information with the third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. These are the following:
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed on to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed on to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
For our Latin American customers, we accept payments through EBANX. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed on to EBANX, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it. For example, we will store order information for ten years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing addresses.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We protect your data by:
- Using the latest version of software.
- Deactivating and removing unneeded software.
- Making regular, secure backups of website data.
- Requiring strong, unique passwords on all accounts.
- Making sure each employee or contractor has a separate login.
- Removing accounts immediately when employees or contractors leave the company.
- Protecting personal data by employing techniques such as access restrictions, encryption, pseudonymization, backups, data minimization, and regular testing of all these techniques.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a data breach we will:
- Notify the appropriate supervisory authority no more than 72 hours after of becoming aware of a breach of users’ personal data, including the number of users whose data was exposed, the nature of the breach, and what actions are being taken to mitigate its effects.
- Communicate this information to the impacted users, especially if the data breach exposed any of their unencrypted personal data.
- Consider the needs of any law enforcement investigations before publicly announcing the breach.
What third parties we receive data from
If you use a social account to log in, we need to collect your email address from this social account to send you your orders and order confirmations and (with your explicit consent) other mails from us.