Crochet Amor the Monster Pattern
You can make this lovely crochet monster called Amor with this easy to use amigurumi pattern. In this pattern you will find many pictures and detailed explanations. The pattern is easy to read and suitable for beginners, but it assumes basic knowledge of crochet techniques.
You can get this crochet pattern in:
You will automatically be able to download all language versions after purchase.
The monster in the picture is made with:
- 60g of green DROPS Paris yarn in 21 Light Mint Green
- 10g of white DROPS Paris yarn in 16 White
- 10g of pink DROPS Paris yarn in 20 Light Pink
- A small length of black embroidery thread
- A small piece of white (vegan) felt
- One pair of 4.5 mm safety eyes
- About 50g polyester stuffing
- One 3.25 crochet hook
- One thin sewing needle
If you use these materials the amigurumi will be 18 cm tall (about 7.1 inches). However, you can make the pattern with any type and weight of yarn (just be sure to adjust the hook size to the yarn you are using). The materials mentioned above are simply a recommendation in case you would like to make the exact same amigurumi. There is no limit to your creativity!
You’ll use the following stitches:
- Regular stitch
- Decrease stitch
- Increase stitch
- Slip stitch
- Half double crochet stitch
- Double crochet stitch
You’ll use the following crochet techniques:
- Crocheting in rounds
- Starting with a magic circle
- Crocheting in ovals
- Crocheting flat pieces
- Making a chain
- Crocheting in front or back loops only
- Crocheting two rounds into one
Unfamiliar with any of these amigurumi techniques? Don’t worry, you can find many tutorials online. I recommend starting with Planet June’s blog. You can also find tips and tricks on our amigurumi blog. Still stuck while working on this pattern? You can always send me a message with your question.
Looking for our other patterns? You can find all of our patterns here.
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting!