Crochet Cow Pattern
You can make this lovely crochet cow, with this easy to use amigurumi pattern. In this pattern you will find many pictures and detailed explanations. The pattern is easy to read and suitable for beginners, but it assumes basic knowledge of crochet techniques.
You can get this crochet pattern in:
You will automatically be able to download all language versions after purchase.
The cow in the picture are made with:
- 80g of white Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1001 White
- 15g of black Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1002 Black
- 10g of cream Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1005 Cream
- 10g of light brown Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1710 Stone
- 10g of pink Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1026 Apricot
- One pair of 6 mm safety eyes
- About 130g polyester stuffing
- One 2.75 (size C) crochet hook
- A thin needle for sewing
If you use these materials the amigurumi cow will be 25 cm tall (about 9.8 inches). However, you can make the pattern with any type and weight of yarn (just be sure to adjust the hook size to the yarn you are using). The materials mentioned above are simply a recommendation in case you would like to make the exact same amigurumi. There is no limit to your creativity!
You’ll use the following stitches:
- Regular stitch
- Decrease stitch
- Increase stitch
- Slip stitch
You’ll use the following crochet techniques:
- Starting with a magic circle
- Crocheting in rounds
- Crocheting in ovals
- Making a chain
- Crocheting two rounds into one
- Changing colours
Unfamiliar with any of these amigurumi techniques? Don’t worry, you can find many tutorials online. I recommend starting with Planet June’s blog. You can also find tips and tricks on our amigurumi blog. Still stuck while working on this pattern? You can always send me a message with your question.
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting!