Crochet Dragon Pattern
You can make this lovely crochet dragon with this easy to use amigurumi pattern. In this pattern you will find many pictures and detailed explanations. The pattern is easy to read and suitable for beginners, but it assumes basic knowledge of crochet techniques.
You can get this crochet pattern in:
You will automatically be able to download all language versions after purchase.
The purple and green dragon in the picture is made with:
- 10g of violet Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1724 Parma Violet
- 80g of purple Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1067 Grape
- 10g of pink Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1080 Pale Rose
- 10g of white Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1001 White
- 80g of green Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1009 Bottle
- 10g of light green Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1725 Sage
- 10g of bright violet Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1432 Wisteria
- One pair of 6 mm safety eyes
- About 130g polyester stuffing
- One 2.75 (size C) crochet hook
- A thin needle for sewing
If you use these materials the amigurumi will be 25 cm tall (about 9.8 inches). However, you can make the pattern with any type and weight of yarn (just be sure to adjust the hook size to the yarn you are using). The materials mentioned above are simply a recommendation in case you would like to make the exact same amigurumi. There is no limit to your creativity!
You’ll use the following stitches:
- Regular stitch
- Decrease stitch
- Increase stitch
- Slip stitch
- Double crochet stitch
- Half double crochet stitch
You’ll use the following crochet techniques:
- Crocheting in rounds
- Starting with a magic circle
- Crocheting in ovals
- Crocheting flat pieces
- Sewing pieces together
- Making a chain
- Crocheting two rounds into one
Unfamiliar with any of these amigurumi techniques? Don’t worry, you can find many tutorials online. I recommend starting with Planet June’s blog. You can also find tips and tricks on our amigurumi blog. Still stuck while working on this pattern? You can always send me a message with your question.
Looking for the mini dragon amigurumi crochet pattern? You can find it here.
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting!