Crochet King Frog Pattern
You can make this lovely crochet King Frog with this easy to use amigurumi pattern. In this pattern you will find many pictures and detailed explanations. The pattern is easy to read and suitable for beginners, but it assumes basic knowledge of crochet techniques.
You can get this crochet pattern in:
You will automatically be able to download all language versions after purchase.
The frog in the picture is made with:
- 80g of green Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1821 Grass Green
- 15g of yellow Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1263 Citron
- 10g of red Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1010 Matador
- 10g of white Stylecraft Special DK yarn in 1001 White
- A black thread of yarn
- One pair of 6 mm safety eyes
- About 80g polyester stuffing
- One 2.75 (size C) crochet hook
- A thin needle for sewing
If you use these materials the amigurumi will be 25 cm tall (about 9.8 inches). However, you can make the pattern with any type and weight of yarn (just be sure to adjust the hook size to the yarn you are using). The materials mentioned above are simply a recommendation in case you would like to make the exact same amigurumi. There is no limit to your creativity!
You’ll use the following stitches:
- Regular stitch
- Decrease stitch
- Increase stitch
- Slip stitch
- Half double crochet stitch
- Double crochet stitch
You’ll use the following crochet techniques:
- Starting with a magic circle
- Crocheting in rounds
- Crocheting in ovals
- Crocheting in rows
- Making a chain
- Crocheting two rounds into one
- Changing colours
Unfamiliar with any of these amigurumi techniques? Don’t worry, you can find many tutorials online. I recommend starting with Planet June’s blog. Still stuck while working on this pattern? You can always send me a message with your question.
Thank you for watching and happy crocheting!